Success in a new venture often requires more than just a strong will and a good business concept. You also need capital and, in many cases, support from experienced advisors. At Almi we know what it means to run a business.
Whatever new venture you are about to embark on – an international launch, developing a new product or service, entering a new market, buying or starting a business – you should get in touch with Almi.
Almi's vision is to create opportunities for all viable ideas and companies to be developed. We offer advisory services, loans and venture capital through all phases of the establishment of a business – from idea to successful company. This includes ideas with potential for growth in the early stages as well as existing companies that are investing in growth and expansion. Almi Företagspartner AB is owned by the Swedish government and is the parent company of a group consisting of 16 regional subsidiaries, Almi Invest AB and IFS Rådgivning AB. With 40 offices across Sweden, we are always close to our customers.
Our operations are organised in four business areas – Advisory Services, Loans and Venture Capital.
Almi complements the market by providing risk bearing loans where nobody else does. Almi's role is to take slightly larger risks. The viability of an idea and a company's future potential are more important than its real assets. The entrepreneur's and the company's ability to develop and exploit the idea or the investment is also important. To compensate for the higher risk taken, and to ensure that Almi does not compete with private-sector players, the company charges an interest rate that is higher than the average interest rate offered by banks. Almi's lending activities are often conducted in collaboration with other lenders, and banks are important partners.
Almi's Business Loans are aimed at companies with up to 250 employees in all industries. Our Micro Loans are designed for businesses with smaller capital requirements, primarily new enterprises that would find it difficult to meet their need for capital in other ways. Almi also offers funding for businesses that need to raise capital in connection with an export venture as well as specially adapted forms of finance for development of innovation projects.
Almi Invest is the Group's venture capital firm. Its role is to supplement that of the market, investing where the risk is high and access to capital is scarce. Almi Invest invests in companies with scalable business concepts and prospects for long-term capital growth. The companies must have the ability to compete nationally and internationally, and there must be a clear customer need. Management should consist of dedicated entrepreneurs or a team with the ability to build a successful company.
The company invests from the seed phase to the expansion phase. Seed phase refers to start-ups and new enterprises in very early stages. Expansion phase refers to businesses that are already in the market and are in an early stage of expansion or growth.
Advice is given by Almi's advisers by external sub-consultants. The basic concept is that customers are offered the best possible service and expertise based on their needs. The services offered vary from region to region depending on regional circumstances and the resources of the regional Almi company.
- Growth advice for established companies. Through Almi's growth advice, businesses gain access to experienced advisors and tried-and-tested leadership and business development programmes.
- Mentor. A novice may gain access to a mentor who works on a voluntary basis through Almi. Each year, 1,500 to 2,000 mentor pairs are matched through our two mentor programmes – Mentor Start a Business and Mentor Development a Business.
- Innovation advice. For unique ideas that are new or significantly improved relative to existing solutions in the market and that have commercial potential. We offer support through experienced advisors and contact networks, financial tools and tried-and-tested project models.
- Our new enterprise advisory services are aimed at individuals who are setting up a business. One part of our operations is IFS Advisory Services, which is aimed at entrepreneurs with a foreign background.
- Seminars and courses. Almi arranges a large number of seminars covering different aspects of enterprise.